Posts about DocPad

Deploying a DocPad Site to Azure Using CircleCI

When I wanted to replace my local TeamCity based deployment setup for my blog with a hosted one, I chose CircleCI based on its good support for private repositories in BitBucket and an abundant free offering. The migration process went surprisingly smooth, even though I had to change the technique I used for deploying to Azure since there's no Web Deploy on Linux.

Modifying Document Properties in Nested DocPad Layouts

August 15th 2015 DocPad

One of the main DocPad features is support for layouts, which are used to ensure a common design for multiple pages. Layouts can even be nested, which opens doors to a new set options. A typical scenario for using them would be several different types of pages in a single site with a common basic design.

Continuous Deployment of a DocPad Site to an Azure Web App Using Git

August 2nd 2015 Azure DocPad Git Node.js

In the scope of changing my blogging platform I also decided to switch from self-hosting the blog to hosting it in a Microsoft Azure web app. One of the available features, I want to take advantage of, is continuous deployment from a Git repository at one of the supported repository sites. Of course, the repository only contains the sources for the site, therefore it will need to be built every time the latest version is retrieved from the repository.

Creating a Build Script For a DocPad Site

Since my first DocPad project is slowly nearing completion, it was time to create a build script for it. I decided to use Grunt, which allowed me to achieve everything I wanted to: generate the static site, detect broken links in it, and deploy it to the web server.

Implementing a Grouping Function in CoffeeScript

November 24th 2014 DocPad CoffeeScript Node.js

Encouraged by Scott Hanselman's Get Involved video, I started experimenting with DocPad. Recently I wanted to perform a simple task of grouping a list of pages by the month, they were published in. In .NET I would use LINQ and be done with it in a matter of minutes. Doing this in my new technology stack took a bit more time.